is what we do.
Property, Planning, Construction and Litigation, is what we do. Our promise is to provide our clients with the level of service and expertise commensurate with our combined experience of more than 40 years’ in these industries, with value based fees and exceptional personal service.
We can do this by focusing on what we know and what we do well. We understand that you don’t want a lawyer that talks in riddles and sends you unexpected bills. You want practical, clear advice and you want it when you need it. Ready Hocking Law understands and delivers the timely, efficient service that you deserve.
- broad acre subdivisions
- multi-unit developments from acquisition, planning, contract to settlement or sale
- resort development and management
- CBD building and development, site acquisitions, refurbishment and leasing
- industrial acquisitions and developments including leasing and disposal
- strata titled developments, tourist developments, commercial and office developments
- small and major shopping centre purchases, sales and leasing
- mixed use developments
Leasing – Retail, Commercial and Industrial
- negotiating the commercial and legal terms of leases
- drafting retail, commercial and industrial leases
- advice following breach of a lease
- advice on the termination or surrender of a lease
Property Development and Project Structuring
- due diligence to accurately map out possible development opportunities
- applications for material change of use, reconfiguration or a change of a condition on a current decision
- applications to the planning and environment Court for extensions of time
- liaising with third party service providers such as surveyors, town planners and body corporate managers
- negotiating conditions of land use approval
- negotiating and drafting construction contracts, development agreements, sale contracts, community management statements, building management statements and all disclosure documents and statements
Body Corporate and Community Title
- drafting creation documents such as community title statements, building management statements, facilities agreements and management agreements
- advising developers in respect of management rights issues
- acting for body corporates, managers and lot owners and advising on scheme issues
- providing representation in disputes between managers, lot owners and the
Matthew was a civil engineer who started studying law to get a better understanding of the construction industry and in doing so, found a preference for the law. He advises and represents clients in all forms of commercial litigation and risk, particularly in relation to property and construction disputes, contract matters, banking and finance disputes, security enforcement, Competition & Consumer Law and franchise disputes. Matthew also advises and represents clients in insolvency matters, body corporate disputes and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act.
Kathleen has a deep interest in all aspects of property development. Kathleen practises in all areas of Property law from drafting novel transaction documents to the construction and sale of large commercial and/or residential sites. Including regularly advising on and appearing in Planning and Environment Court, Supreme Court of Queensland, Court of Appeal (Qld) and Land Court matters.